Tuesday, July 10, 2012

And She Blogs!

...but most folks wouldn't suspect it

because I haven't made a post

in almost four months.

Cue crickets chirping...

I miss blogging! Not too long ago, I heard that no one reads blogs anymore.  But I don't believe that...I come across way too many active and engaging blogs for that to be true.  I started this blog several years ago as a way to document the recipes I tried when I was attempting to learn to cook like a grown-up(I still can't, by the way). It was never really about getting readers so much as it was a way for me to document that process, and later, my sewing attempts.  Although having regular readers to interact with is dang awesome!

I miss being a full fledged member of Blogland and the bloggy friends I made. Some of them are still around and I'm still in touch with them occasionally, but others have left their own blogs and ridden off into the sunset, never to be heard of again. [sniff, sniff, sad face]

I miss the reflection that naturally comes from sitting down to write a blog post about a particular project or experience. It sounds corny, but I think I was more in tune with myself when I was blogging regularly.

I miss the way being a blogger encouraged me to constantly try something new or at the very least pushed me into doing something...trying new recipes, painting, quilting, crafting, sewing, writing, playing with my camera. Waaay back when I first started blogging, we didn't have cable TV in our new house yet and I hadn't discovered Facebook. There are times when I wish I never had bothered with either of those things!  I'm still creating, but not regularly and not with the passion that I once did. Now it's more of an "I should probably sew/bake/quilt something" rather than "I cannot wait to get started on the next project!".

I want to be that girl who couldn't wait to get up in the morning or get home from work for crafty and creative endeavors. For whatever reason, blogging motivated me to begin being creative after a long period of non-creativity and I'm feeling like I need a push in that direction again.

I see no reason why I can't be that creative, motivated, blogger-girl again. It may be sparse, and it may take a while for the momentum to build and for me to get back into those routines, but I am going to make a bloggy comeback!

I hope you'll stick around and hold me to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in you Kellie!!
I haven't sewn in ages, or blogged, or developed photos.....so I'm right there with ya.

But we're both still awesome. ;-)

This is Jen (cheese in my shoes).

P├ętra said...

We all go through dry spells you can come back now!!