Friday, July 31, 2009

Zippy Pouches Finished for Friday!

It's been a while since I've done much sewing. Just seems like I've had everything else in the world to do and yet I haven't accomplished much(except GREASE) this summer. Spinning my wheels, maybe.

Despite that, I did finish up some zippy pouches that were meant to be used for PIF & FB chain craft gifts this week. I threw away at least two of these while they were in progress...zippers are hard for me, y'all! I also got bent out of shape over the fact that my pouches weren't coming out perfectly...but then I realized that if I try to make the perfect zippy pouch, the recipients will get zilch from me because 1. nothing handmade is ever going to be perfect and 2. even if they were perfect I'm waaay critical of myself and so they still wouldn't be perfect. I think I need therapy.

Here they are...excuse the crappy photography. I hope the recipients enjoy their less than perfect but made with love anyway zippy pouches!





...this last one is my favorite...I love that bird print.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Your pouches look lovely, and it looks like you did a great job on the zippers. I like the button and ric rac details. Good work!

Bea said...

I think you did a great job. Yes, we are always more critical of ourselves than others are. I love the black and white one with the dog.

Lisa said...

Oh, these are just adorable. I love the black one with the doggie.

Miri said...

They're adorable! Everyone will love them!

Yarni Gras! said...

what cute lil pouches...you done good!

Anonymous said...

ACK! Those are soooo cute. You should put some on your etsy site.