Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happiness in a Box

Yesterday Mark and I went out to the city park to do this and to enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having the past few days. Upon returning home, I discovered a big brown box on the front porch. My swap package from The Shabby Princess! The Shabby Princess and I participated in the Favorite Things Swap on Kelly's blog. I sent her a few of my favorite things, and she sent me a few of hers.

Inside the box I found...
Which I promptly unwrapped to discover...
  • Two wonderfully scented candles...I caught a whiff the moment I opened the box and my kitchen/living room is currently infused w/the scent. Love it!
  • The most FUN cups ever! I can pretend I'm back in the Bahamas lazing on the beach! And she even sent an extra for Mark...how sweet! Yes, I've tried mine out already!
  • A variety of Post It Notes. Apparently the Shabby Princess is obsessed with stickies ;) How did she know that I can never find these when I need them?
  • The book The Great Gatsby, her favorite, and one that I've enjoyed as well. I was watching my copy of the movie(starring Robert Redford & Mia Farrow) a while back and thought to myself "I need to read that book again!" Now I can! Yay!
  • A pair of absolutely gorgeous Gatsbyesque earrings. Very vintage inspired. I love them!
  • And finally, The Shabby Princess sent me a copy of her favorite cookbook, Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes by Giada De Laurentiis. How awesome is that? And what makes it even more special is that she actually marked her favorite recipes. So thoughtful! I'm really excited to try out some of these recipes!
What a wonderful surprise this package was! I am still overwhelmed and completely delighted by her generosity! Thanks again so very much, my friend!

Y'all should pay a visit to the Shabby Princess! She's a smart, amiable, aspiring writer who loves a great shoe and a bit of glam. Her personality really shines through in her blog...and she makes me giggle, often!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kellie, how lucky are you. What a great gift. It's nice to see you sitting and relaxing with it all. I've seen a sneak peek at mine and now I feel the one I sent is a bit underdone..... Postage is my killer though.

The Shabby Princess said...

Kellie! You just made my day--saying such nice things about me. Thank you, you're so thoughtful.

I'm so glad you liked you goodies--I LOVE the picture of you with the book and the coconut cup--LOVE IT.

Thanks for being my swap partner :)

MightyMom said...

how wonderful to get a surprise in the mail! Thanks for playing Thesaurus Thursday!!

come on back anytime!! (don't forget to stop by tomorrow to see who's the biggest SILLY GOOSE and SMARTY PANTS for the week!)

Anonymous said...

wow! what a neat gift....great swap idea....sorry I missed it! You will LOVE the cookbook....I have it and it is WONDERFUL!