I would love to be able to say that I've whipped up four or five aprons and other goodies for my empty Etsy shop this week, but nope. I did, however, finish one little sewing project!
I've been wanting to try making another toy since I made these two. This particular doll only uses two pattern pieces, so I thought it'd be easier. And it was...for the most part.
The pattern I used is Simplicity 2613, which shows the toys done up using 30's repro prints, and they are darling. I didn't want to cut into any of my 30's prints for a first time project, so instead, I used a thrifted sheet that I found for .25 at St. Vincent DePaul. My mom bought these same sheets in the 70's...probably at Kmart or Sears since those are the two main stores I remember shopping at as a kid.Believe it or not, I had the most trouble with the felt eyes. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get them on neatly. I tried sewing them on...you can't see it but I made a mess of them. Next time, I think I'll just use fabric glue and embroider the eyelashes only...or use safety eyes...or buttons.
I have a giraffe cut out to try next and hopefully this WILL be the week that I get some more things finished.
With this new puppy in the house, it's hard to get anything done! I feel like I spend 3/4 of my day following her around making sure she isn't peeing/pooping/chewing! But it's so worth it...Mark and I are in love with this dog! I've been given advice from several friends saying to think of her kennel as a crib...so today, baby's going in the crib for a while so I can get something done!