The August swap was my first and my partner was Lori. After reading through her likes and dislikes, I settled on patriotic and cats for a theme. I found some cute red and blue FQ at Jo-Ann Fabrics to send along with a cat notepad. I also sent along a set of two dishtowels on which I had embroidered some WWII Victory patterns that just happened to have cats on them. The photo is posted here. It was fun trying to decide on what to send. Then of course I worried that she wouldn't like it...but she did! Yay! Except once I received her package, I kinda felt like I should go out and shop and send her more stuff!
I got THIS from Lori... Have you ever seen the like? It's fantastic! WAY more goodies than I ever expected! And the fat quarters? Gorgeous. Love the colors and patterns, especially the circle print! You've got to get a good look at it...click on the photo for a closer view! Can't wait to use them, but at the same time I'm going to hate to cut into these, they're so stinkin' cute! Along with the fun and happy FQ she sent:
- A set of critter tea lights! So cute!
- A pink patchwork handmade bag that is absolutely darling! Love, love, LOVE it!
- A fun mulit-colored ribbon trim.
- A pattern for making a bag from FQ.
- Some super cute fabric flowers w/tiny button centers in wonderful colors.
- A pack of heart shaped buttons which I didn't find till after I'd taken the photo(there was sooo much stuff in the box that I missed them!)
- A magnet w/ladies sewing that reads "Friendship"
- The most adorable button bouquet...never would have thought of that in a million years! I will be borrowing this idea for later gifting.