Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Scared of my scales

Yeah, ummm, so I've not been participating in the challenge for maybe three/four weeks now. I think I actually feel worse about not signing in and not checking up on the other participants than I do over not losing any weight myself. How crazy is that? Anyhow, I hope I can weigh in next week, because this week, I don't wanna. So, please forgive me for not weighing in, TFTS gals.

This week, I just don't want to know. What happened? Don't really know. I just sorta stopped, and when I was doing good too! I've eaten my way through family get togethers, birthdays, Saturday afternoon movies and weeknight binges in the past three weeks. I 've stopped exercise for no apparent reason. Have skipped WW for three weeks. I've not had a glass of water in weeks.

I could blame it on the stress of going back to work after nearly three months of Summer bliss, but I'm not sure that's it. In fact, I don't think there is any deep psychological reason behind my current slump. I just got lazy. This girl, like Cyndi Lauper and her pals, just wants to have fun. And, well, food is fun. I don't even hate exercise, but couch time & crafting are more fun, so I've been doing that instead.

But alas, I've noticed some of my new clothes(which I bragged about so loudly on this blog) are starting to hit the "they still button/zip but are no longer comfortable" point. And I hate that.

It probably wouldn't take much to get the weight loss going again. A trip to the grocery store for some decent food would help. Putting on my walking shoes after work would help and drinking some water would help too. NOT stopping at McDonald's every morning before heading into school would really help. Staying far away from the Dr. Pepper machine in the teacher's lounge would probably help most of all. Luckily I haven't fallen so far off the wagon that I can't pull myself back up.

Calories in vs. calories burned. I know the drill. I know what I need to do, guess I'll try and start doing it. Still not fun.

HOWEVER, shopping is fun. Maybe I should reward myself with every five pounds by going on a little shopping spree or by putting back 20 bucks per every 5 pounds till I have enough $$ for a shopping spree? I may have just discovered my new motivational strategy. Will think on it more...

I will sign in next week and I will weigh, good or bad...I don't want to be a quitter. The challenge ends in a few weeks, hopefully I can lose at least one more pound by the end. If I do, perhaps I'll be properly motivated to jump in if a new challenge is issued.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on recognising your failures and recommitting. That's a huge first step and one you've taken so give yourself a (non-food) reward for that! Good luck!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Way to check in and confess! Sounds like you know what you need to do to get back on track! We all get a little lazy sometimes. I certainly did during my trip to England! ;-)
Path to Health

J. Shea Stanley said...

OK, so I'm going to do my best to get back to the WW and P90 next week too. So you need to hepl keep me on track :)

Mel said...

Every day is a new beginning so go ahead and just back into it! I love the idea of for every 5 pounds adding 20 bucks for a shopping spree...maybe I will try that one. I have found that going back to school has made it easier because I pack my lunch and will not let myself eat anything else. I wasn't very into counting the points over the summer, but since getting back on track have seen great results. So I am sure when you get back to the program you will see some great things!
Mel