Thursday, June 12, 2008

Danger Will Johnson! and other stuff

I'm pretty proud of my robot apron, minus one screw up that I may or may not fix...depending on if I decide to put it up in my Etsy shop. I wanted it to have a bit of a 50's look, hence the pink/black combo of fabrics and all that ric-rac. I may have to try appliqué again. It was fun and not as hard as I imagined. I have enough of this silvery/gray fabric to make at least two more robots and I think another apron may be in order and perhaps an appliquéd bag.

Until I can think of a better name I'm calling it "Danger, Will Johnson!"
Thusly named in honor of Ann who is a longtime friend but new to my blog... "Danger Will Johnson! Danger Will Johnson!" Yeah, we know the kid from lost is space was Will Robinson...ya'll don't have to correct us. (wink) **next day edit** I removed the picture of myself doing the "Danger Will Johnson" arms...it was too dorky, even for me.

And look what I found...a song about robots from They Might Be Giants!

I made a second apron this week...I found this cute sleepy owl fabric at JoAnn's and couldn't resist it. I decided on a cafe apron since this style is simple, flattering and shows off the fabric nicely.
In other crafty news, I finished my MAY block of the month block today(I'm only a month behind). This block is called "ShooFly".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that show! heeheehee!
Okay...your aprons ROCK! An owl AND a robot? Why not a robot owl? (okay, I'll shut up.)
I love that owl fabric.....too cute but the robot applique takes the prize.........now I have to step up my game..dang.
Love the quilt block. I love looking at them but don't have the patience.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

LOVE the robot apron! You'll have to give me a heads up if you list it!

Patty said...

I don't know how you could sell the robot apron. It is just too cute to not keep. I like the owl too.

Anonymous said...

I love your aprons and I think the name is very appropriate. Love your BOM too. I want to get started on my Quilt-a-Long too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! An apron named in honor of me...I'm excited. I love the robot apron...brings back fond memories of our friendship. So back at cha... "danger Will Johnson, danger Will Johnson!" I love it!!!