Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I did not need to know about this...

Did you know you can make donuts from canned biscuits? I did not. I wish I still did not. They are dangerous. Very dangerous.

Take these...
Then do this(I used the top of a water bottle to make the holes)...
Fry 'em in some hot oil...

and you get this...I doused them in powdered sugar, but I imagine you could frost or glaze them too. One thing...don't expect them to taste like Krispy Kremes. More like a Funnel Cake...especially when doused in powdered sugar and still warm.

I had to throw them away. NOT because they weren't yummy, cause they were!

Imagine me, standing at the counter, mouth full, powdered sugar falling from my lips and all over the front of my shirt yelling, "MMM! Mmmm! MMMaan!..deesh are shooow goooooo!"

Yeah. It was scary. I would've eaten all of them in 30 15min. and made myself sick had I not thrown the rest away after those first 2...ok, two and a half. I really need to learn some self control.

Next time I make these there will be someone nearby to share with me...I'd be a shame for another batch of biscuit-dounuts to suffer the same fate.

10 comments:

Patty said...

I must try this! I had no idea you could make donuts from Pillsbury biscuits. And, you're much stonger than I am. I would eaten them all. (Ask me how many caramels are left.)

Misty said...

my mom made these for us growing up... she heated the oil in the crock pot! it was such a special treat!
i hate krispy kremes.
have you heard of the chocolate cake in a mug .... it's devilish, but it's at least single-serving.

FaithChick said...

Oooo I can see where these could be trouble. Very yummy trouble. I will have to try. My three year old ask me every morning for donuts so it could save me some money too.

Unknown said...

I know I always have to have a co-conspiritor around when I make these! I also recommend the mug of dessert, but I usually do a brownie, bake it in the oven-safe mug, serve warm w/ ice cream....

Yarni Gras! said...

yummmmmmmmmmm

Mary H. said...

I'm totally trying this out this weekend. Yummy.

jfn Photography said...

holy cow...those look awesome.

Monique said...

Aren't these the best? I only ever make them when there's enough people around to share them with me...lol.

Anonymous said...

I was really liking your blog until I came upon this post.

Man. Now I have to make them. No, really I HAVE to make them. Sheesh.

shelia said...

oh goodness! brings back memories...i think i survived college on these (whole wheat they are not)roomate had a fry daddy and that summed up our cooking!
p.s. cinnamin and sugar mixed together and coating the donuts are pretty spectacular too!!