Sunday, February 22, 2009

That Darn Cat!

Tonight I'm working on a quilt...this is going to be my quilty year, after all! I have the blocks for the main body of the quilt pieced and ready to go. I lay them out on the floor in order to come up w/a pleasing layout, all the while making sure I don't end up heavy on the dark blocks in one corner, too many florals next to one another, or two of the same print side by side...you get the idea.

I leave the room to grab a camera so I can refer back to a photo for the layout. And I get distracted for maybe 10min. w/ email.

I head back to the living room and this is what I return to.Aaargh! It took me a good 30 min. to get those blocks just the way I wanted them!

Although Mark ratted her out, Trixie seemed pretty smug about her little jaunt. So I go back to trying to get them in order when Sasha decides to park her furry butt on it!Sheesh. I am SO making some cat sized decoy quilts for these knuckleheads!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I know how that goes. Sometimes it's a good thing they're so cute.

FaithChick said...

It is just like having your own little set of toddlers. Except when my 1 year old gets ahold of something I can never find it again. I told my husband he is a magician. Now you see it...POOF...now you don't. ;)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Your kittys are too cute!!

I cat wait to see the quilt when it's done.

The Shabby Princess said...

The quilt looks like it will be fantastic! Kitties are just crazy creatures--anything to get their people's attention...

Yarni Gras! said...

too funny, our dogs and our cat...they ALL do it. I think the fish would too if they could get out of the tanks.......