Sunday, February 21, 2010

Because Ziploc baggies just won't do!

I've developed a bit of an addiction to Facebook, but today I refused to log in. I've not only managed to go grocery shopping, cook real food, walk the dog, clear out the laundry room from Hell and actually do all the laundry, but I also completed two sewing projects! All in ONE DAY!

For my first project I used the instructions from the book One Yard Wonders to make a cute set of cafe curtains for the aforementioned evil laundry room from Hell. I goofed a bit on the upper casing and made it a tad small, but I'm leaving it for now.They were very quick and easy to make. The fabric had been hanging out in my sewing room closet, just waiting for the perfect project..and this was it! I love that it only took a yard, which means I have an extra yard to make the laundry bag from the same book!

For my second project, I made a bag for Mya's "doggy day care" supplies. I saw you roll your eyes & smirk at the mention of "doggy day care"! It's really just a day kennel...we hate leaving her alone in her kennel while we are at work. Being out of her kennel is not an option due to the four cats and the fact that the dog is completely wild and eats anything not nailed down. So, we decided to try the day kennel thing a couple days a week.

Rather than continuing to carry her toys and food in a handful of Ziploc baggies, I decided to make a reusable bag. I didn't use a pattern for this, just sort of figured it out as I went along. Just a simple tote using three fat quarters. I decided to add a thin layer of plastic over the lining; I figured it'd be easy to wipe clean.

The things we do for this dog!! But seriously, can you blame us? And there you have it, a fun filled, super-productive day! I may just have to give up Facebook for good! Yeah, like I have that kind of discipline.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Those curtains are adorable and I love the bag. I admire you for staying away from Facebook and doing something productive. Now please come and clean my bathroom while I play with Tubby.

Patty said...

P.S. The Goat Dog is SO CUTE!!!