Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Easy and Cheesy

Shea came down on Saturday and did a final upgrade on the old mac. So I decided to make some lunch for us and I thought I would try out this recipe. It's nice to have meat eaters around who'll help me eat what I cook! I've never made lasagna in my life, but this was very easy! Uses jarred pasta sauce and dry noodles...and it was tasty too. I found the original on allrecipe, but changed some ingredients around a bit to my taste...So, I guess this one I really can call "my" recipe!

And no you don't have to cook the noodles. Evidently being sealed under the aluminum foil and under all that sauce helps them to cook. Mine turned out really wavy and lumpy(didn't affect the taste at all).

THE LAZY, WAVY LASAGNA
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
16 ounces cottage cheese
16 ounces ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
uncooked lasagna noodles

In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef & sausage. Drain the grease. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.

Mix together the cottage and ricotta cheeses, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and ground black pepper.

To assemble, layer in a 9X13" pan:
about 1 cup of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan then layer:
noodles
cheese mixture
sauce
(do this twice)


The amount you'll layer will end on your taste, but the bottom layer of meat sauce will take a little more than the rest. I ended up with WAY more cheese mixture left over than was necessary, so you might want to really pile on the cheese
you like it cheesy! Top with noodles, remaining sauce mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F(175 degrees C) oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve it with crusty garlic bread.

No comments: