Tuesday, December 2, 2008

BlogWorthy

I know it's been a long time. If anyone is still out there...Hi! These next two weeks will be crazy so I doubt I'll post much more than this, but I felt this was an event most assuredly blogworthy. At least in my little hometown.

So what, you ask, could cause me to pause long enough to snap a couple photos(though not so great) and take the time to log in and actually type some text out?

This.

Yes, a Dollar General Store has me all excited....so much so I was apparently shaking w/excitement just taking the photo.

You must understand that if we run out of pop, milk or Heaven forbid, toilet paper, it's a ten minute drive into town unless I want to go to the gas station/convenience store...where toilet paper costs like $27.39! So this is big, people!

We actually do have a post office, a bank, an antique shop and two other little "shops", so don't think we're completely in the boonies here.

Although this IS the view across the street from the Dollar Store.


OK, back to the craziness that is. I will be seeing y'all again. Hopefully a little sooner next time!

4 comments:

Shell said...

Well it's about time, I thought I was the biggest blog neglector!! In my little town, we have a Dollar General and a Family Dollar. I know your pain. Glad your back, even if it is only for a minute. Hope your holidays are great.

Birdie said...

HEY! Congrats on your Dollar General I LURVE me some Dollar General!!!
We're in the boonies too. I've got to drive almost 20 minutes to get to Wal-mart and Dollar Tree. We have a Family Dollar close by though.
That's country life!

Patty said...

I didn't think you would ever blog again. Good thing I know where to find you.

Anonymous said...

I had NO idea we lived in the same town!!

The folks at Dollar General know me well.

They carry Fruity Pepples.