Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm so tired, but I'm finished! Well sorta...

11:00p.m. here in the Bluegrass on a Thursday night and I seriously need to get some sleep. BUT, I have spent the evening finishing up this quilt top that I started on Monday and by golly, it's gettin' blogged!It's nothing fancy, but I'm comfortable with strips and thought that would be a good way to get some momentum going quilt-wise. I do realize that a pieced top does not a quilt make, however. THAT will have to come later when I can find a walking foot for my Kenmore and some courage to go with it.

I also attempted my first artisan loaf of bread tonight. No, it ain't pretty! I definitely need more practice with this. Although it didn't taste half bad slathered with honey butter.

5 comments:

Bonnie O. said...

The quilt top looks great.

But the bread looks even better!! Yum yum. Bread with honey butter. It doesn't get any better than that!

Misty said...

kellie!!! i need quilitng inspiration... and that's you. do you have any links for helpful sites to get you started w/ quilting? i'm obsessed right now... i NEED some fabric action! thing is, i've only ever attempted a quilting project once and it was a block and it's very unpretty. did you machine or hand sew your pieces together? anwyay.. i'm rambling.... sene me some linky love will ya??? mballew AT yahoo DOT com.

The Shabby Princess said...

Way to go on the quilt. And you made artisan bread? Can I have some?

Yarni Gras! said...

great job on the quilt top.....and the bread looks yummy!

The Essess said...

Great colours and Great quilt well done.. And the cat seems to like it too??!