Quite frankly I
Therefore, rather than painstakingly read, study and take notes of each article, I merely gloss over the pages and read one or two of the articles before I blow the dust off last month's copy and replace it with the shiny new copy. Because, I know the magic will happen, eventually.
As I was glossing over this months articles I came across a Not-to-Do list. Rather than listing resolutions for the new year that may or may not be met, the mag asked readers to submit things that they would not be doing in the new year.
Being one to never stick to new year's resolutions, I decided that what I need is a not-to-do list of my own! Un-resolutions, if you will.
And so in 2009 I resolve NOT to:
- Go on another stupid diet. I'm tired of it, you're tired of it and we all know I won't stick with it. So there. I can eat less and I can exercise more but I will NOT be announcing to anyone that I'm going on a diet this year. Man, I feel better already!
- Be bored when I'm at home.
- Fuss at Mark for taking out the trash/doing the dishes/making the bed in a way that I wouldn't. If he does any of those things, even if he does them"wrong", I'll be appreciative.
- Worry about things I have no control over when prayer works much more effectively.
- Be so hard on myself about things that don't really matter in the big picture.
- Spend so much time thinking about what I have to do "tomorrow".
- Forget how truly blessed I am