Sunday, December 27, 2009

Quiltspiration Stikes Again!

I realize two posts in one day is a bit obsessive compulsive of me, but I can't help myself. I'm so excited to have joined in on the Fresh Comfort Two Quilting Bee! My month is June, so I have a while to think about it, but basically, I'll get to pick out a quilt block pattern, mail it & the fabric to my twelve quilty cohorts, and they'll return the finished blocks to me, which I will then make into a quilt! Yay! During the rest of the year I'll be making blocks for them. I'm so excited to get started on it!

I've been searching Flickr looking for some ideas for my quilt. Other than the nine patch and the pinwheels, most of these wouldn't work in the Quilting Bee format...but aren't they fantastic!
1. Tree if Life , 2. ANNIE'S MODERN BLOCKS - Custom quilt by DLQ , 3. Hazel & quilt, 4. Nine-Patch Quilt-Along, 5. Vintage log cabin quilt by my mum, 6. Zak the Robot Quilt, 7. Scotties, 8. Snippets Quilt, 9. Zig Zag Quilt - 2008
I wonder if my partner bees would be willing to applique scotties to a block? I've always wanted a scotty quilt and the one pictured is adorable!

I've been making purses and aprons(and not one photo!) over the Holidays and I have a gazillion projects I want to start. But I feel the need for a palate cleansing of sorts before I start on something new. Wonky-Scrappy blocks are perfect for that. I've been working on them on and off whenever the mood hits, and the mood hit again last night! Here are a few of the first ones I made and here are my favorites from last night. They require very little thought(or skill) but turn out adorable. And some day, I'll have enough for a quilt! The original tutorial that I found for the Wonky Scrappy I Spy blocks is available here.

I think I'll get busy on more!

No comments: