Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Poppy Seed Chicken....Mmmmm Mmmmm

My folks came over Sunday for lunch and I made this Poppy Seed Chicken. It is a combination of recipes that I have received for the cookbook, which I have YET to finish. One from Debbie (bro-in-law whom I adore Scott's mom) and the other from a coworker, Debrina. It was simple to throw together and mighty tasty. No photo for you...I'm slacking on the photographing of my food...sorry!

Poppy Seed Chicken
3-4 Chicken boneless, skinless breasts, cooked & shredded or cut into bite sized pieces.
8 oz. Sour Cream
4 oz. Cream Cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup

Combine all of these ingredients and place in casserole dish.

For topping, mix together:
1 stick butter, melted
Ritz or Townhouse crackers. (I used about 1/2 box of the Townhouse Toppers, probably a "sleeve" or so of regular crackers.)
1 TBS. poppy seeds

Mix topping and spread over casserole. Bake at 350 till brown and bubbly.

One note: I lined the bottom of the casserole w/ topping before adding the chicken. Debrina's recipe suggested doing this, BUT her recipe used twice the amount of other ingredients, so that makes more sense. Still good, even with cracker overload.

Just in case you're wondering...had sweet corn, scored potatoes, steamed veggies & crescent rolls as sides so veg-head Mark didn't have to fend for himself this lunch! Was Good. Amazing how the more I cook, the more I actually enjoy it!

No comments: