Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I'm singing Irish Lullaby(Steve Martin, Housesitter style)for you right at this very moment, but since ya'll can't hear me...trust me, that's a good thing...I'll share these goodies with you instead.

First, another song from the High Kings, my new favorite Irish Folk-Singing band. OK, ok, they are the only Irish Folk Singing band I know of! I did get a copy of the CD from Amazon.com and it is fantastic! This song is called The Little Beggarman. Very Irish. Very Fun!


And then there's this. The Ultra Condensed Far And Away. If you've never seen the movie, it's an epic tale of two Irish immigrants starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. Definitely worth a watch. This condensed version made me giggle.

And now a random quote for Shea, Jackie & Scott should they drop by: "I have an Irish heritage, I never do that: ‘Ohhh, my mom, she makes a great CORN BEEF AND CABBAGE! It’s magically delicious!’ Then I riverdance my way home.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe that condensed version is good! Its a good movie, which is SO hard to say about a Tome Cruise movie

Patty said...

Love the condensed version! I ned to go back to that blog and see what else is there. I saw a category called "tramautized children" which looks interesting.

Anonymous said...

cool! My mom's maiden name is Hurley, so I've always liked to imagine that I'm part Irish. I dream of going there some day.

jfn Photography said...

HA!!! Love it!! :)