Saturday, May 10, 2008

15 Days and Two Aprons

You'd think the end of the school year things would wind down, wouldn't you? Nope. It's been crazy-busy for me at work the past two weeks. Last week I spent hours after school nearly every day helping make a backdrop, staying for rehearsals and then running lights for the performance of our end of the year chorus program. This week we had Family Reading Night and yesterday our entire school was bussed to the city park for field day! The Art/Music teacher and I did a Jackson Pollack style art project at our station...which I forgot to photograph, shoot! It was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted by the time I got home!

And as may be evident in my last post, the last weeks of school are...well...interesting. The kids have been tested to death and they are basically done(and it's understandable). Keeping behavior in check is a constant test of a teacher's patience and creativity. We have 15 more days to go! Whew!

I'm so looking forward to Summer. First of all my trip to Europe is getting closer and closer! I cannot tell you how excited I am about that! And of course, getting to spend two weeks with these two and then bring them home with me is just as exciting as the trip itself!

Then there's my Etsy shop. I'd really like to build it up and get more aprons and other goodies added. I'm really itching to try my hand at some more full aprons, some lunch totes, and make the little lavender dolls that are cut out and just waiting to be put together.

I did make these two patchwork aprons last weekend...it's taken me till this weekend to post them and get them in my shop. I absolutely LOVE the scotty dog print in this apron.And the Lily Pulitzer-like floral print in this apron makes me sooo happy!Of course the most wonderful thing about Summer vacation is the "I can do whatever I want to do and nothing I don't want to do all day long" part. I'm really looking forward to that.

4 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Super cute!

Make sure you pop by my blog, since I wrote about the apron I bought from you today! :) Love it!

Anonymous said...

oookeeey doookeyy, these are so very cute. Must make a trip to your shop pronto.
You are so very talented, my friend!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays.... I want summer backkkkkkkkk....... Love your aprons, hope your etsy shop is going well. You must let us know when your off to Europe.

Yarni Gras! said...

Europe? let me pack my bags.......