Now this was not my first attempt at meatloaf. My first attempt at meatloaf can be found here and it is my favorite meatloaf recipe(it uses Italian sausage), but this one comes in a close second. I wanted to try something without the sausage as it creates a lot of extra fat and I've been feeling a little Jabbaesque lately.
This recipe was easy, easy, easy. So easy, in fact, that even I couldn't screw it up...and I threw in some extras as I went along. I found the recipe on allrecipes, and like my other ML recipe, people who said they didn't like meatloaf raved about it, so I knew it was the one to try.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese, oats and salt. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into eight miniature meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
Again, I was really happy with this one and I have five more little meatloaves in the freezer for when the mood for comfort food strikes!
I couldn't take a pretty picture of this dish...I'm afraid my meatloaf was just not very attractive.
But then neither is this Meatloaf.