Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I KNEW it!

My Name is Earl is one of my favorite TV shows. I have suspected from episode one that the writers were either from my town, were related to people from my town or at the very least knew people from my town. Soooo many all too familiar things on that show...perhaps that's part of what makes it so hilarious to me.

There is an episode of Earl where Randy is talking about the movie Phenomenon. He says something to the effect of: "That movie with Footlooses wife and the one cool sweathog..." The "Footlooses wife" comment had me completely hysterical. So many funny moments on that show..."Footlooses wife" was an early one, but it has stuck with me.

Tonight a friend and I went to the movies. Baby Mama, by the way, made us laugh out loud. We made a stop at the ladies room on the way out and there were two loud-talkers having a conversation from adjacent stalls. It went a little like this...

"That movie was really funny!"
"Yeah, that one guy is that Dax Shepard. You know, he dated Kate Hudson for a while."
"Oh, Yeah. He's in all those silly movies!"
"Oh Yeah."
"He looks like Raising Arizona!"

Bwahahahahaha!!! I don't know what was said from there 'cause I was trying SO HARD to concentrate on not completely losing it and breaking into hysterics.

I have proof ...the Earl writers DO have a connection to my little town. I knew it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh snap!! Footloose wife lol!!!

J. Shea Stanley said...

That story is STILL cracking me up.

Anonymous said...

Earl's my kinda people.
I haven't got hooked on this show yet. I'm hooked on The Office currently.