Thursday, May 15, 2008

I just can't help it...

I'm still dreaming of pink hair. I don't know why really... Wishing for a change? I'm a bit punk-rock at heart? Early mid life crisis? Desperate need to appear cool? My friend Pinky has pink hair...well it's pink now...she was purple a few weeks ago. She's totally a cool chick, but she'd never admit it.

Anyway, a while back I wished for pink hair. Pink highlights, to be more specific. I didn't go pink then. I ended up going yellow(by mistake) and then blonde. I just picked up more blonde(my roots are showing waaay too much) and found myself looking for temporary pink hair color. It's probably a good thing that there was none to be had at CVS.

I'm a tad afraid of applying a wild color myself and I don't really want to plunk down the $ it would take to have it done correctly in the salon...for fear of looking ridiculous and being broke afterwards. This is an extreme version of the look I'd like.

Here's the fun part...those are extensions!! Made from human hair, the extensions can be curled or straightened. How cool? They come in several shades ;) and they are much cheaper than a trip to the salon. I ordered three...just to try...mind you. If I love them I may get more or who knows...add a blue streak! For less than 8 bucks, I can afford to be daring for once! I bought them here.

If it doesn't look completely ridiculous, and even if it does, I'll post a pic when they arrive! I'm excited! Now I can have my pink hair if and when I feel like it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoooHooo! You are a total punk rocker!

Hey, if you do like the way it looks....buy yourself a bottle of Special Effects color online. (got this advice from a ultr-cool pro-stylist) and then take it to a really cool stylist who will give you no flak about the situation. It'll fade quicker than you're thinking...like 4-5 weeks.

Oh, I'm so excited for you!!!

jfn Photography said...

Fun!!! :) Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

gotta see the pics when you get the new 'do'

Anonymous said...

It is totally you! Snow Queen wouldn't have anything on you. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh GO GIRL!!!! They look like fun. My daughter has them at the hairdressers where she works.
Can't wait to see. Will you have a little black outfit like that too? LOL!!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Definitely post what you think about them when they arrive! I have wanted to do just a little bit of blue for years -- just for fun.

Kellie said...

I've always wanted pink hair too. If I looked like that chick, my hubby would want me to have pink hair FO sure!!