Monday, May 19, 2008

Lemony Lemon Cake

I was salivating just listening to my friend Rhonda talk about this yummy lemon cake last week. Imagine my bliss when she brought me a piece the next day! It was deeelicious! I can't wait to try one myself.

Lemony Lemon Cake

1 pkg. lemon cake mix

1 pkg. lemon instant pudding mix

4 eggs

¼ cup oil

1 cup water

1 (6oz.) can frozen lemonade, thawed

11/2 cup of confectioners sugar

Combine cake mix, pudding mix, and eggs in bowl; mix well. Add oil and water; beat until well blended. Pour into greased 9 X 13 inch cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine lemonade and confectioners sugar in bowl; beat until smooth. Pierce holes in cake with fork. Pour glaze over cake.

9 comments:

Monique said...

OMGosh this sounds absolutely amazing! We just loooove anything lemony so I'm definitely going to have to try this after our next trip to the grocery store! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a little lemon tree with its first baby lemons on it and every week I go outside and lovely whisper to it "will you bloody hurry up and grow so I can make something out of you??"

Yarni Gras! said...

HELLO! That looks great....think I'll snag the recipe and try it out myself.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I love lemon pie and lemon cake. Mmmmm, I just drooled.

Hey, you're famous now. I saw you on the apronista! Yeeeeowwweeee!
Darn, now I'll have to stand in line for an autygraff.
:-)

jfn Photography said...

Holy cow! That sounds mighty lemony...when I get home where I can buy frozen lemonade...I'm there! :) Oooohmygoosssshhh, frozen lemonade sounds ssooo good right now.

carrie said...

Oh, my mom makes a mean lemon cake with pudding too! Thanks for sharing the deliciousness! :)

Kellie said...

I'm going to try this one. Looks really easy. Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie O. said...

I have made a similar cake and I think the lemonade / sugar glaze is THE BEST!! Thanks for posting this. I am going to try to make it to take into work next week. Wish I had a big piece right now.

Birdie said...

I think I'm droolin'. thanks for sharing