Thursday, October 11, 2007

TA DAAA!







I started on these Days of Week Towels back in the Spring of 2006. I don't know why it took me so long to pick them back up, but regardless they are done! Managed to get in several good hours of movie-watching while finishing them! FYI: The Patriot---I had forgotten how good, Young Guns II---better n' the first w/0 cheesy music & Three Amigos---HILARIOUS every time! Have I mentioned how much I love having this week off work in the Fall?




I love these! Not bragging, mind you. I just really think they turned out nicely. The towels are Martha Stewart from KMart. They come with the days of the week pre-embroidered, so they were perfect for these cute Aunt Martha bunnies! This little guy is my favorite of the lot. Freshly washed(as they've been in my embroidery bag soooo long) and starched and now ready for gifting. I think I have another set of these Martha Stewart DOW towels in a closet somewhere. The only question now is do I use another Aunt Martha's or do I bust out the Sublime Stitching patterns? Hmmm? Either way, I think I need a set for myself! Here are some of my other un-finished projects and some I finished a while back!

6 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

These are absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Kellie they are beautiful. Love all the days of the week. Are we supposed to change them everyday?

Kellie said...

Thanks! Yes, Fiona, I think we are supposed to change daily. However, I have some DOW towels and it is not uncommon to find the Tuesday towel still hanging up on Saturday! ;)

chrissy said...

These are so cute!! Great job and way to finish! I still have a cross stitch in the closet from my last child (6) started when he was in the womb!! Maybe I'll finish it, you have inspired me!!!

*BB* said...

They are great! And your movie choices are perfect!!!

Debs said...

I love the Martha Stewart's DOW towels. :) Yours turned out so very cute. :)

For the pattern of my tissue covers. It is from Simplicity 5598...Sewing for Dummies. There are two totes, eye glass case, and more goodies to make.

I am now going to look more at your great blog. :) TY for visiting mine. :)