Friday, June 22, 2007

I want Ham to Eat! AND I'll wear my Victory Apron to eating the Ham.

Can't mention ham without doing a Brian Regan imitation...even IF no one can hear me.

Anyhow, This is another one of those slap in the forehead things. Why did I never do this before? Just used a 2.5 lb. pre-cooked & sliced Smithfield ham. Turned out delicious...I'm still eating this ham two days later! The package gave the directions to add a little water to the baking dish before cooking, I added a little cola instead.

EASY MUSTARD GLAZE
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS. pineapple juice
1/2 tsp. dry mustard

Combine sugar, fruit juice and dry mustard. Spoon over ham 2 or 3 times during the last 30 minutes of baking time.
__________________________________________________________________________________
I decided to continue sewing, even after the giant waistband fiasco. This time I chose an apron pattern with a smaller waistband, thinking smaller is easier(ha!). I also decided to add a ruffle, eyelet, and an eyelet trimmed pocket(which I had no pattern for...mine were either too small or too big). It was TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH! Too many things that I didn't know how to do going on at once! I have never BEEN so frustrated! I took the seam ripper to this one about six times, no kidding! But I have to admit, when I don't focus on all the mistakes, it's pretty darn cute.

I wanted to participate in Tie One On. It's an online show and tell from crafter Angry Chicken. Each month or so she tosses out a theme you create an apron that in some way fits the theme. Past themes have included Pink Lemonade and Apron! the Musical. I think it's a wonderfully creative, fun idea and participating just might keep me motivated to continue sewing. When I read that this month's theme was pockets, I immediately thought of embroidery. Later, I was checking out vintage apron patterns on ebay and came across one for a Victory apron from the 40's. VoilĂ ! There's my idea! I knew I had embroidered a set of Victory Tea Towels ....and the Fourth is right around the corner. I'd do my own Victory Apron! SO I had a good idea, even if the execution wasn't perfect.

Since I only have to submit a photo for Tie One On, and all my mistakes aren't evident in the photo....I'm going to go ahead and do it! I'll post a link to the June gallery in case you want to see what others do with the pocket theme. Here's my Victory Apron...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missippi Mud
2 c sugar 1/2 c. margarine
add 4 eggs one at a time
add
mix and pour into reased and floured 13x9 inch pan. bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes. while still hot, spread 1 small package of mini marshmallows ove the cake and bake 10 min. let cool.

Mix 1 stick melted margarine
1 box powdered sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
1/4 c. milk more if needed to spread well
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. nuts

Mix and spread on cake and let set 3-4 hours

Anonymous said...

strawberry banana nut cheesecake
1 8oz cream cheese
1 8oz coowhip
1 cup sugar
8 oz sour cream
1 graham cracker crus
banana
pecans
strawberries
tub strawberry glaze

mix cream cheese and sour cream. add sugar. add cool whip and mix
layer nuts in pie shell
slice and lay bananans over nuts.
add filling.

topping
slice strawberries and mix with glaze. place topping over pie. refrigerate.

Anonymous said...

YOUR MAKING ME VERY HUNGRY!!