Tuesday, June 12, 2007

SLOW going with the cookbook

Yesterday I had lunch with Mom and Debbie Newman(my brother-in-law's mom). I asked Debbie for her Poppy Seed chicken recipe and Mom mentioned to her that I was making a cookbook. Debbie laughed and said "YOU'RE doing a cookbook...and you don't even cook?" I thought it was funny and of course, true. Anyway, told her I was collecting and compiling recipes more so than "writing" a cookbook. And that cookbook is taking a bit longer than I anticipated. Much of that is due to my recent bout of ADHD. I've been jumping from project to project and running here and there a lot lately. Have done no cooking to speak of lately and I hate to lose that momentum, so next week I will be trying out a recipe and posting the results. As for the cookbook, I've had to start paying to finish it, so I'll be submitting it, finished or not, around the 8th of July.

No comments: