I'll continue the weekly weigh ins and scales tales posts now that the new challenge has started. I like that this challenge starts in September and doesn't end until after New Year's. That takes away the whole "New Year's Resolution" thing...at which I normally fail. The other thing that is cool about Tales is the support from others who play along. It's comforting(in a sick & twisted way) to know that other people are struggling with their weight! All kidding aside, I thoroughly enjoy and am inspired by reading their weekly posts. I will do better about leaving encouraging comments this time around. So many encouraging words have come my way and it's time to reciprocate!
Yes, I did lose some weight during the May Day challenge! I had lost a few pounds before it ever started as well. However, if I'm being honest, the last time around the weigh ins kept me from gaining more than anything else. SO, rather than just continuing on, I want to start over with this challenge. Try harder. Be stronger.
I've been thinking about what my weight "issues" are.
- I don't like to eat healthy. I just don't. I like junk food, I'm not gonna lie!
- I don't drink enough water. Sometimes I go for weeks without drinking a drop.
- Exercise. I can take it or leave it. I don't hate it, but given the choice, I won't do it.
- I'm seriosly addicted to regular sodas, especially Coke.
- I don't hold myself accountable. I KNOW I should track what I eat, but I don't.
- I'm not an overly positive person. I tend to see the bad first and get hung up on it.
Ummm... Try this...
- Eat healthier! You like fruit, right? Start there and move on to veggies a little at a time!
- Fix yourself a glass of water everyday in that huge WW mug of yours and drink it...twice! Just twice and you're at the recommended amount of H2O for the day!
- Do not let exercise be an option. Just Do It!
- Write down what you eat!
- Stop drinking regular cokes! Just suck it up and drink the diet stuff..or WATER!
- Quit being so stinkin' negative! Focus on how much better you'll feel 37 pounds from now!
Anyhow, those are my goals. Just six little things. Shouldn't be that difficult, right? As far as a targeted amount of weight loss for this challenge, I think if I stick to the list above, I should be able to lose at least 16 pounds by the Jan. date. If I can lose more, hey, that'd be great! 16 pounds is about a pound per week, if I counted the weeks correctly. As much as I'd like the weight to fall off, I know that if it comes off slowly I'm more likely to keep it off . Now if we're talking big picture, I'd like to be 62 pounds thinner than I am in the horrid before-before shot you're about to see. I'm not one to cry over being fat. I figure I made myself this way with bad eating habits(ironic that I'm about to feed my face in that picture)and a lack of exercise. Still, this picture nearly makes me want to cry(nearly, but not). I was FAT!!! OK, I'm STILL fat, but good grief! Put me in a red suit and I could've passed for Santa last Christmas!
As a reminder of my progress thus far and to gauge progress for the NEW challenge, I'm posting my before pic for this challenge as an after from the last! It's not a huge difference, but it is a difference and it shows that I am capable of losing weight! Hopefully by January, I'll see some real progress.
Good luck to everyone participating in the challenge! IF you want to get in on the action, read some great articles and motivational postings then head on over to Tales from the Scales!