I also ordered fabric, patterns, and charm pack from fatquartershop.com. Lovely selection of very cottagey colors and prints. Very pretty and calming. Problem: I thought I was buying the right amount for a specific quilt pattern that I ordered. Turns out I didn't. Any recommendations for a quilt that uses 40 5" charm squares and 1 1/2 yards of fabric?
Even though I haven't done anything lately, I hope to be getting the new Janome(Christmas gift from Mark) out of the box. Soon.
I do have some things in mind that I'd like to make. Goals, if you will, for the upcoming year as far as my sewing/creating goes. In no particular order I would like to:
- Finish the quilt I started in quilt class.
- Make at least two or three more quilts.
- Finish a vacation scrapbook album that I meant to start but never did!
- Make a ragdoll. I am obsessed with this one. Must. Make. Ragdoll.
- Make a skirt or some other type of clothing.
- Make a skirt or some other type of clothing that I would actually wear outside of the house...not just in the yard or to the garage, either.
- Continue learning to become a better cook. I have to approach cooking in the same way I do crafts--as creating something or learning something new or I just won't do it.
- Learn to crochet
- Make jewelry again.
- Make at least one project from this book that I HAD to have.
- Open an Etsy shop with things in it that people would buy! Two of you have nudged me in that direction, and I'd like to at least give it a try. Must improve in my skills first! You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Sorry for that! It's off the topic but certain words and phrases pop up and I am COMPELLED to quote movies, TV and certain comedians. I also repeat things said in interesting accents. My sister has the same strange disease, as does my brother, just not as severe.
Now, I suppose if I'm going to accomplish any of this, I better get my hind-end in gear, huh? Off to the sewing machine with me!