Saturday, January 26, 2008

this is funny ya'll

I figure my sister NEVER hears the word "Ya'll" uttered in Poland, so I try and throw it in as often as possible. 'Zat OK with ya'll? Don't want her to lose her Western Kentucky accent.

Speaking of Jackie... If you've been here before you know that she and her husband Scott are living in Poland working as missionaries. I always picture missionaries living in huts and eating with their hands, so I'll say they're working for God, or they're ministering or maybe ministers who work in the missions field? They're Missionsters!! Shoot, I have a way with words, don't I?

ANYHOW, Jackie shares a lot of their life in Europe and their ministry on her blog. I highly recommend that you check it out. Insightful, inspiring and fun! But this. This made me laugh out loud.

Until I remembered I'm going to visit this summer.

Daily sightings in Poland. Ya'll check it out and say howdy to my lil' sis while your there!

4 comments:

jfn Photography said...

Aaahhh, music to my ears..."Ya'll" Thanks for a little taste o' home! :)

Missionsters...I like it. ;)

Anonymous said...

You just had to make me go over didn't you......
OMG, how does that poor girl do it.
I was gasping at picking of noses.
You have to deal with the creapy crawlies. YUCK.
Just finished watching "Walk the line" so I did my best impression of June Carter (Reese Witherspoon) for her. Hope she liked it. Ok I'm an Aussie Y'All.
Now you say "G'Day" - see it's not the same. LOL !!!! xx

Linda said...

Hi Ya'll!

I came by your blog via your comment left on my blog where you came by via Pinky's blog ... I think ... or perhaps I just got lost in there somewhere!

Wanted to stop by and say thank you for your lovely comments, it's always nice to have a new visitor and if you're a friend of Pinky's then that makes you quality people right off the bat!

I must admit to being a little curious about your sister being a missionary in Poland. I guess for some reason I've always thought/heard of missionaries going to undeveloped countries to minister the word of God and, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Poland highly Catholic in population? Perhaps you could enlighten me on this a little bit as I find it quite fascinating. Also, doesn't one say "Ya'llski" in Poland??

Anonymous said...

I visited Jackie, and I dropped a "y'all" in there for good measure!!