Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ominous

This is what it looks like outside our front door right now. I don't know if it's translating in the photo or not, but those are some ugly black clouds rolling in. 70 mile per hour winds in some areas are predicted. And the storm sirens have just fired up. Why couldn't we have snow instead?
9:30p.m. update. The 70mph winds ended up being farther north, thank goodness. But still, it was WINDY, ya'll! For the most part, the storm blew right over us. The lights flickered a few times, it rained for a while, and the wind blew, but everything in calm now! It looked a lot uglier than it was. I still wish it'd snow...I want a snow day! Being out sick for nearly a week is NOT the same thing!

***NEXT DAY update*** Apparently it was as ugly as it looked. I headed out to work this morning and there were branches everywhere...some pretty big....then noticed that my next door neighbor had a huge tree uprooted and laying on top of their house! HUGE. Add "Oblivious" to the title of this post.

3 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

Oh gosh, my heart started pounding just looking at your photos - I *hate* seeing that type of weather roll in. I think I just found a reason to be be thankful for our bitter subzero temps and snow. Hope all's well after the storm...

Anonymous said...

Makes me think that we live close as this is what it was like here last night. Thunder, lightning and YES rain. Yipeeee. You can have your snow....

jfn Photography said...

I've not seen a storm in 2 years. I DO NOT MISS Kentucky weather! Maybe all y'all should just move here instead! ;)